Monday, October 10, 2011

Halloween How-To's: Glammed-Out Eyes

An eyeball! Creepy! It must be Halloween time...

I don't know about you, but I love halloween. I actually love all holidays. I just love a good excuse to get excited, really. At halloween-time I not only get to decorate (which is oh-so-fun), but I have the added bonus of dressing up! (insert little-girl squeal)

It probably reveals too much about me that I thoroughly enjoy covering my face in shimmery makeup one day a year, but boy-oh-boy do I enjoy it. Here's the great part: glammed-out makeup is something you can add to almost any costume. Since eye makeup is my favy-fav, I'm going to show you how to do my special glammed-out eyes.

You will need:
-shimmery eye shadow, neutral in color (I'll be using white)
-eye shadow, in the color(s) of your choice (I'll be using green)
-glitter, optional
-eye liner, liquid or felt-tip recommended
-mascara

***I apologize in advance for my poor photography skills. These pictures do NOT do this look justice. To get a better look, just click on any picture. Be careful, though, since you might not want to see a close-up of my face.***

You'll want to start with a face devoid of eye makeup. Foundation and concealer are okay.

I like to prep my eye area with white shimmer powder to start with. This makes it easier to blend colors. I also just like shimmer. I'm a go-big-or-go-home kind of a girl, so I apply shimmer all the way above my eyebrows (just a little above) and down until just above my cheekbones. You can include the bridge of your nose if you would like (I like), and then all the way out to the edge of your face.

On the outer edge of your eye, apply your color. Blend in toward the bridge of your nose, using the white shimmer powder to make a sort of gradient.

Last step: eye liner and mascara. You can even apply false lashes if that's your pleasure. Since it's halloween, you can be bold.

If you like, you can add glitter to this ensemble.

You can also try this with other colors. Or even multiple colors, like purple, white, and blue.

You can also keep it simple with just white shimmer and perhaps some glitter.

I have used this makeup style to accompany several costumes, including a Greek Goddess, Mother Nature, and a Fairy Princess (I know, I'm like 5). A friend of mine did something similar with yellow and gold to go with her Bumble Bee costume. The possibilities are endless!

Whatever you choose, have fun with it. Happy Halloweening!

3 comments:

Uncle Joe's Ghost said...

This is awesome! I actually saw the green one and thought, "Peter Pan." I kinda want to be Peter Pan for Halloween ... again. :o)

Elizabeth said...

Um, p.s. this is Elizabeth. I'm signed into someone else's account at work. My bad.

Bekky said...

Love! Come do my make up for Halloween!! Miss you...